What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-fi printing

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a short follow up:
This is the response that I got from Epson.
"Based on the information you provided, it appears that your wireless network is set for IPV6 (latest version of IP) which is not guaranteed to work with Epson products. The printer (WF-2540) was designed to work with IPV4"
They suggested that I contact my router vendor to make changes on the network setup.
I have now contacted the D-Link people. No reply as of yet.

BOY, I don't think that they helped @ all - punting the issue over to your router producer! IPv.4 is still pretty much the standard and not sure that this really makes a difference? How old is your D-Link router and what networking protocol is it using (i.e. the 802.11 letters - b, g, n, ac)? If an old device, maybe a new AirPort router is in your future? Dave :)

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The router that I have is a D-link DIR-615 and is an "N" 802.11
Yeah so I'm still in the same position as I was when I started this haha

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The router that I have is a D-link DIR-615 and is an "N" 802.11
Yeah so I'm still in the same position as I was when I started this haha

Well, I bought a new Apple AirPort Extreme back in the spring last year which is running 802.11n, so you're current (although the newest 'ac' protocol may now be approved) - cannot remember, but have you also 'powered recycled' your modem/router? Dave :)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try this...

From PC Advisor---
Finally, a more simple way of connecting printer to iPhone or iPad is offered via dedicated apps from printer makers such as HP ePrint, Xerox Print Portal, and Epson iPrint. These work much more like AirPrint, the app talks to the printer and off you go.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epson-iprint/id326876192?mt=8

Attachments

• image-2397207084.jpg
    image-2397207084.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 217

Simon48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue trying to print to a brother printer on my wireless network from ipad. no printer found.
works fine with all laptops, pc's and other tablets.
why is it always the ipad.
help please.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a similar issue trying to print to a brother printer on my wireless network from ipad. no printer found.
works fine with all laptops, pc's and other tablets.
why is it always the ipad.
help please.

LOL! :) Yep, the iPad is a PITA that you can't live without - ;)

Please provide information on the model of your Brother printer - check HERE to determine if your printer is AirPrint compatible; if the model is not, then the iPad will not print to it - just that simple; NOW, there are apps that can be put on your computer to simulate AirPrint (I had one call FingerPrint form Collobos on my old PC and could easily print from my iPad) - before going further, please provide some more information - Dave :)

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try this...

From PC Advisor---
Finally, a more simple way of connecting printer to iPhone or iPad is offered via dedicated apps from printer makers such as HP ePrint, Xerox Print Portal, and Epson iPrint. These work much more like AirPrint, the app talks to the printer and off you go.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epson-iprint/id326876192?mt=8

Add Brother to that list as well, although I actually use Fingerprint with my Brother printer since it actually offers a few more features.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

ILikeChoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
printing

i have always had trouble connecting my idevices, you could try print n share or some printer models have their own apps, like hp eprint

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a HP that has eprint..

Unless the printer is ON when the ipad is started it will not find the printer...

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got my wife's ipad and loaded in Epson iprint. The app loaded in with no problems.
Turned on the Epson WF 2540 and opened the Epson iprint and tried to locate the printer - No, it couldn't find the printer
Back to square one I guess...
Again, I would like to thank you all for the suggestions.
I'm beginning to think that it may be the ipad. I did reset it but that didn't help.
Now, I'm thinking maybe a factory reset is my next move (?) I do hate the thought of doing that though.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad needs a little time to find the printer. Did you wait for some time (maybe 15 - 20 seconds) to see if the app detects the printer?

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I waited till it told me that "no printer was found"
For now I guess my wife will have to send me the data she wants printed and I'll do the printing
Thank you

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got my wife's ipad and loaded in Epson iprint. The app loaded in with no problems. Turned on the Epson WF 2540 and opened the Epson iprint and tried to locate the printer - No, it couldn't find the printer Back to square one I guess... Again, I would like to thank you all for the suggestions. I'm beginning to think that it may be the ipad. I did reset it but that didn't help. Now, I'm thinking maybe a factory reset is my next move (?) I do hate the thought of doing that though.

If Epson is correct and it's a router IP issue, then neither options will work until that is resolved.

Most reactions