What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why some Wifi connections suddenly stop?

dsevero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all. I have seen that some people has this problem. In my home, only my iPad 2 with the last iOS 5.1.1 suddenly stop (dissapears the wifi sign in the left upper corner) and it is necessary to go back to connections to re-connect it. I have tried to do everything (closing the iPad, relaunching it, etc, etc). My iPod touch 4 is working ok, and the connection remains good always. But my son has just bought a new iPod touch just few days ago, and he suffers the same problem of sudden disconnection. Any suggestion? Is this a problem related to the iOS 5.1.1? Thanks in advance and Regards. Daniel.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
dsevero

dsevero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i did this sometimes, but no changes. finally the problem begins again...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to go to your Settings > WiFi > the router (press the little arros next to the router name) and then select "Forget this "Network"? The iPad will deregister your router and then you can go back in and re-connect.

In addition, you might want to re-boot your wireless router (just unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in). Sometimes, it's not the iDevice, it's the router.

Marilyn

OP
dsevero

dsevero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did both. Problems continue...

robelliott2125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi dsevero,

I have the same issue between my iPhone 4s and my iPad 2. Both can be working beautifully with my Belkin N+ router, streaming Netflix and various other apps, and then I could switch the iPad off and back on later, and the iPad will "lose" it's network IP etc, giving itself a foreign network IP etc (internally it's 192.168.1.15 - iPhone is 1.16) to 192.168.0.101 and I've seen it go up to 0.105.

It's quite odd. I understand my iPhone possibly getting "confused", as I go from various wifi networks (work, my mum's, my girlfriends, friends, home etc), but the iPad rarely changes network.

To rectify my problem, I do have to use the Renew Lease function on both devices and they reconnect perfectly.

Thanks guys!

Most reactions

Latest posts