What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture Frame question

ChuckinSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I imported some pictures, and now the "picture frame" icon appears on the unlock slide. I don't like this and want to remove it. I read something about turning it off at Password Lock in Settings, but I don't use a password and the Picture Frame slide is grayed out as an option. So, how do I remove this new icon? iPad 2.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
It is not possible to deactivate the Photoframe, without setting a passcode lock.

I am guessing the reason behind this is, if no passcode is set, than it doesn't matter, whether the icon is on the lock screen or not, as anyone can just unlock the iPad and open the Photos app to look at the photos.

Anyway, no matter the reason behind this decision, Apple has choosen to only give you the choice of disabling the Photoframe when a passcode lock is set.

The only other way of removing the frame is probably not an option, as it would involve deleting all photos :(

iPaddydaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It is not possible to deactivate the Photoframe, without setting a passcode lock.

I am guessing the reason behind this is, if no passcode is set, than it doesn't matter, whether the icon is on the lock screen or not, as anyone can just unlock the iPad and open the Photos app to look at the photos.

Anyway, no matter the reason behind this decision, Apple has choosen to only give you the choice of disabling the Photoframe when a passcode lock is set.

The only other way of removing the frame is probably not an option, as it would involve deleting all photos :(

Apple needs to fix this in the next update. I have some mature pictures on my IPad 2 and now anyone can see them anytime they want. BIG PROBLEM APPLE. I do not wish to share my photos with anyone. Please fix this..

Reaction score
Or simply store the images in an app, such as Goodreader instead of in the Photos app. That way the photos could be placed inside a passwprd-protected folder and they wouldn't be displayed during the slideshows. Problem solved! ;)

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Mercury Browser. If you save a file it goes in a folder that can only be accessed in the app, plus you can passcode protect the app.

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black

Most reactions

Latest posts