What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which one I have to buy? The iPad or iPad 2?

Susam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't know why people all want to get the iPad, thanks to this urgent desire from my friend, I really curious about iPad now, I want to buy one and have a look, but i heared of there have been two version now? ipad and iPad 2, is it really? And which one I would better buy.

Thank you everyone.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Right now there is only the iPad. The iPad 2 is the name given to the much anticipated announcement of the next generation iPad we all hope will become reality sometime around April.

Or, there is no iPad 2, yet.

dogxa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you'd better to buying iPad now, you need to wait the iPad 2 for a long time

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Susam, I'm in the same situation. I want one but I don't really needed today, so in my case I will wait a little (till april or so) and see what happen with the new generation that is suppose to come out (iPad 2)

Good luck,

johnnypanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy your ipad now and enjoy it.

When ipad2 arrives, take the advancements and cost into consideration and decide if you need to upgrade. If so, sell your ipad (you will not lose much money) and buy the new one.

Life is too short, don't delay.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you'd better to buying iPad now, you need to wait the iPad 2 for a long time

2 or 3 months is a long time?

Do you have a credible source indicating that there will be an Apple iPad 2 in 2 or 3 months? It seems to me like when I first joined this forum everyone was saying the iPad 2 would be out around Christmas or early 2011.

It's always fun to speculate but to the best of my knowledge and from the advertising I see currently on television a knowledge as to when this will happen doesn't seem to be more then a guess. Just like I see a lot of people saying iPhone 5 is coming in July. Somebody knows, but they probably are not posting it in here.

OP if you do buy an iPad now you won't be making a mistake, and we are pretty confident that another update is in the near future. It's true, it could be a couple of months, but it might be quite a bit longer.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have a credible source indicating that there will be an Apple iPad 2 in 2 or 3 months? It seems to me like when I first joined this forum everyone was saying the iPad 2 would be out around Christmas or early 2011.

This. There is also the fact that everything we know about the supposedly impending iPad 2 is sheer speculation. I'd want to hear what the next version is like before I decided to wait for it.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most sources are trending towards a Feb announcement and an April release for Ipad 2. In terms of buy now or wait, what I considered (I got my Ipad around Thanksgiving last year) is the Ipad itself. Review it's specs, features, apps you may be interested in, etc. And does this fill a need or want for you today? If so, you should pick it up today! Just think about - with Apple's product refresh cycle - you could buy Ipad 2 the day it comes out, but Ipad 3 most likely won't be but 12 months away... Personally, I'm ecstatic I got the first Ipad. I'll take a good hard look at 2, once released, but more than likely hold onto 1 until the next round and decide all over again.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has paid for itself several times over. If you like what the iPad does, I'd recommend buying one now. Even if there were to be a new iPad out in April, that would be months without an iPad. I don't like being without my iPad for even one day.

Buy one at an Apple store. There are no restocking fees. Try it for yourself for two weeks. If you don't like it, return it for a full refund. If you like it, keep it.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy your ipad now and enjoy it.

When ipad2 arrives, take the advancements and cost into consideration and decide if you need to upgrade. If so, sell your ipad (you will not lose much money) and buy the new one.

Life is too short, don't delay.

+1
life is too short when you expect it the least. Buy it now and enjoy it!

Most reactions

Latest posts