What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which browser are you using on your Ipad 4

dazz87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Got my ipad this past weekend. Currently I am using icab but its not as fast as Safari when it comes to loading pages. Things that I love about icab is that you could download files and it has a fullscreen option. Is there a tweak I could do on icab to speed it up? Is there another browser out there that is as fast as safari or faster. I have try chrome and its still not as fast as safari. Thanks

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We had this discussion a while back...
The concensus was there is no other browser that can possibly be faster than Safari.

More/different features, yes.........faster no.

D

Deleted member 247820

Well I would use only Safari except that it does not open a lot of Microsoft sites.
Those sites are still important to me as my friends and I still use PCs for the heavy lifting.
I have Atomic Web installed on iPad and use it for most searching.
Is it fast?
I don't care because it opens everything, that's more important than outright speed.

OP
D

dazz87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. After using icab for the day I think icab is want I'm looking for. The option for fullscreen outweight the speed vs safari.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. After using icab for the day I think icab is want I'm looking for. The option for fullscreen outweight the speed vs safari.

You can have as many browsers on your iPad as you wish, I have four.

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can you please tell me why you want the option for "full-screen" on icab and why safari doesn't offer it? I haven't bought my iPad yet, probably will this Friday, so want to make sure I get it set up correctly.

Thanks!

OP
D

dazz87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you please tell me why you want the option for "full-screen" on icab and why safari doesn't offer it? I haven't bought my iPad yet, probably will this Friday, so want to make sure I get it set up correctly.

Thanks!

Personal Preference thats it. On icab with fullscreen Im able to see more of the web page vs safari which cant cause of the toolbar. No Safari does not offer this. There is Atomic Lite which offer a fulllscreen (no toolbar) and its free compare to icab which is not free.

throwback8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use Safari, although I like Chrome as well. In my opinion Safari is the quickest and also it is what I've become accustomed too on my iPhone and now my iPad 4!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Atomic web and Yahoo's Axis which has some different features than other browsers.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts