What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which app has Accurate Rendering of Microsoft Word Documents w correct Fonts on iPad?

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which app has Accurate Rendering of Microsoft Word Documents with correct Fonts on iPad?

I have tons of Word Documents (.doc and .docx) and PDFs shared from my Windows 7 folders via DropBox/ Google Drive.

I am open to and might look into SkyDrive/ Sugar Sync and/ or other Storage Clouds as well.

I've used the native Cloud Apps on iPad and also use GoodReader etc. to review them on my iPad many times.

I'd like to have it VIEWED/ RENDERED as accurately as possible with given fonts.

With PDFs mostly the fonts are embedded so they are shown accurately. With Word documents it doesn't seem like that's happening.

Now on Windows, we have tons of Fonts inside the System..\Fonts.. TTFs, OTFs, Windows, Office etc

Is there some way to have more accurate rendering on my iPad?
- Some App that supports or has some extra support for fonts
- Automatic or Manual download of fonts?
- Hacking and adding fonts from Windows (copying them) to the iPad (Jailbroken)
- Bulk Embedding of fonts into the Word files before they sync to the Cloud space (DropBox/ Google Drive)

I'd be happy to have accurate rendering on the iPad with any app per se.

BONUS: If the App also provides Annotating, Highlighting / Editing abilities.

NOTE:
Some older threads discussing Office / Word Apps
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/1497-best-apps-working-pdf-excel-word-files.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/29036-doc-viewer-search-dropbox.html

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your best shot is to embed fonts in the Word document and hope the viewers can render them. There is no way you are going to get lots of fonts---as on Windows or OS X---on an iPad. This is a light-weight OS...

OP
C

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the EMBED fonts thing on a DOC and DOCX and opened it on various Apps on the iPad and the visual render is still very broken and cumbersome.

Any thoughts/ experiments by people on the better DOC/ DOCX visual rendering on iOS?

Most reactions

Latest posts