What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you plan on purchasing your iPad?

Where will you purchase the iPad

• Total voters

windex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are you going to get it at the apple store, or online, or bestbuy ( i heard that was going to be a possibility), or what?

i realize that this is kind of a dup post, but the other did not have a poll.

Last edited:
OP
W

windex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping we'll see a price discount from AT&T when you sign up for a 3G plan.

i don't think this will happen. what you are talking about is usually associated with contracts (usually multiple year contracts).

the 3g 'plan' for the iPad is not a contract, it is a month to month cancel anytime plan.

The reason that carriers offer reductions on devices is because they basically pay the device manufacturer a portion of the cost in exchange for a guarantee of profits for their own service to the user.

Example:

you buy a phone that was discounted throught the carrier, but you had to sign up for a contract to get the price.

How it works:

the carrier pays the device company their price for the phone but then sells the phone to you at a lower cost. However they make up for that loss of money by ensuring that you will use their service for a length of time, which after a certain period will pay for the loss and then the rest is just profit for them.

Last edited:

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably on line at MacMALL if they offer any kind of discount. If not, then I'll try my hand at the Apple Store. I'm not is a screaming rush to get one, as I still haven't decided if I really need/want 3G.

cfw123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always buy Apple products from amazon.com. Since I am a prime member, I don't have to pay for shipping. Since I don't have to pay sales taxes for things from amazon, I save a bundle from that alone. But they always give you a good discount on the retail price, so that' another saving -- usually 10% or more from that alone, plus almot 10% by not paying sales tax, and that's almost a 20% savings, over the Apple store, and more from their on-line store if they try to charge you shipping and handling. Charles Wilkes

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always buy Apple products from amazon.com. Since I am a prime member, I don't have to pay for shipping. Since I don't have to pay sales taxes for things from amazon, I save a bundle from that alone. But they always give you a good discount on the retail price, so that' another saving -- usually 10% or more from that alone, plus almot 10% by not paying sales tax, and that's almost a 20% savings, over the Apple store, and more from their on-line store if they try to charge you shipping and handling. Charles Wilkes
Since the iPad is a major competitor to the Amazon Kindle, do you think they'll be selling it?:confused:

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy it online

If you already know that you want it then just buy it online from Apple. I have never seen any discounts on Apple products anywhere. Whatever Apple says the price is that's it. Did you ever see Best Buy with a cheaper price on Apple products than Apple?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is the Kindle Killer

I don't know if you are ironic, or you believe what you wrote , Amazon will sell the products of the biggest competitor of his product .... and give discount to their prime member

it look like Mac'do will give a voucher for Wendy's :D

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered it online... but I went through my Alaska Air mileage shopping site... so hopefully I will at least get a few miles credited with the purchase.

Apple seems to always add sales tax to my initial purchase total (we have no state tax here)... but then they take it off later when the actual charges go through.

Tonyruggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to buy it from best buy and use my best buy card. Unfortunately what I am hearing is that it is not going to be sold at best buy for awhile, because they want to keep it in the stores where they have the best support before they send it out to resellers. Has anyone heard anything different from this?

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine off a guy on craigslist who bought the wifi model at launch then purchased the 3g model when that came out, so he didnt need 2 ipads. I paid almost $150 cheaper than retail and it came with about $80 worth of accessories. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with the purchase.....:)

Most reactions

Latest posts