What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When using Facetime I can't see the caller

hobib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have an IPad Air, my wife has an Ipad4 and both of us are unable to see the caller or the person we are calling when using facetime. We have tried all of the recommended restart fixes from turning the app on and off to a hard reboot with no resolution.

Neither of us has installed the latest IOS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

domaji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mum was having this problem. We both have an iPhone, iPad and MacBook of different ages and with various operating systems. Sometimes our calls worked and sometimes she couldn't see me... not even a little window where I should be. Eventually I figured out that the problem was only happening whenever she called me using her iCloud address or when I clicked on one of her recent attempted FaceTime calls which came from her iCloud address. Basically, whenever her iCloud address was involved. Solved the problem by always making sure I looked her up in my contacts and clicked on her mobile number or email address. And in FaceTime preferences/settings, she removed her iCloud address from the list of numbers/addresses at which she can be reached. We didn't update any operating systems or the FaceTime app on any of our devices, but our calls work perfectly now.

Most reactions

Latest posts