What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best screen protector you can buy?

Photo1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wjd333.smugmug.com
Based on my experience with several on my several iPhones, I am keeping plain clear glass on my iPad.
Rationale being that by the time glass is scratched beyond tolerance, it'll be time for the new one.
But that is only my opinion, though I am hell on equipment trashing cameras lenses and other expensive electronics simply from work environment - construction dust, rain, snow, all extremes of man and nature

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those screen protectors are cheap(?) insurance. I use a Zagg Invisible Shield (front only).
ZAGG Invisible Shield

You do have to be really careful and take your time putting it on to prevent bubbles, but once there, I think it works great! (Disclaimer: I do not work for Zagg and they did not pay me to say that!)

The best part is the guarantee:
"If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn, or damaged while protecting your device, we offer you a free invisibleSHIELD replacement for as long as you own your device."

If you buy one from Zagg, you will NEED a discount code (and lucky for you I have a 50% off discount code that has to be used by July 31 if you want it) or you can buy it from Amazon for about half of what Zagg wants and you don't need a discount code.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A decent screen protector will cost you $20. I agree that by the time you really scratch up a screen (assuming you don't use any kind of case with a cover) it'll be time for the 2nd gen iPad. With that having been said you can by an extended 2 year warranty which includes dropage, screen breakage, fluid damage, etc. from square trade (or at least that's where I got mine) for around a hundred bucks.

And BTW - nothing on this planet (including our politicians in DC) pi$$ me off more that applying a screen protector only to see a couple of specs of dust and/or bubbles messing up the show.

JeffMorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The general consensus on most boards I go to is that the Power Support USA Anti-glare screen protector is the best one you can get. Zagg's version is too tacky to easily drag your finger across.

I've got the Power Support version and it's fantastic. I've tried the Zagg and there is no contest.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My concern with the Power Support is the lack of any sort of warranty and the incredibly high cost ($25!) ... I don't know.

It might be the best, but I'm far from the most perfect of installers and if all goes to crap, I'm stuck with $25 less in my pocket and a shield that's not installed.

Also, the one bonus with the Invisible Shield is that it really REALLY adheres nicely and doesn't slip off when it is put into or taken out of the Apple case.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for zagg... it is a little tacky, but not enough to be a bother, and they have a lifetime warranty. I guess one of the biggest things for me was that Zagg has a place to install them locally so I don't have that headache.

Mathiss01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a iFrogz screen protector on mine. I got it from Macmall.com a pack of 3 for 20 buck with shipping and they are Anti-Glare. I have had them on since day one and it holds up really well. Hope this helps.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I'm with the "What the hell do we need a screen protector" camp.
Mine has seen constant usage by all ages and the screen is fine.

Accidental scratching would be my main concern and I consequently use the apple cover which has a flap over the screen when not in use.

Unless you are using your iPad in areas where grit is a major concern I feel screen protectors are just another needless expense....

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine ghost armored. Zagg has a weird texture to it and make the glass reflect weird. Ghost armor i can hardly tell its even on there

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got some eBay China specials for like $.99 cents and they are great, completely invisible. The first one I got didn't fit very well so the vendor sent me 4 other ones for free that fit very well.

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on the hunt for one at lunch today!!!

I did not like the Zagg on my phone so I will probably not be going that route.

I was going to go with plain glass, but I noticed last night when I was cleaning it, there were 3 scratches on the screen :(

Most reactions

Latest posts