What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is podcast used for.

robert5555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what is podcast for and is it Bluetooth or wifi ?
Also how are adds removed?
Thanks

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Podcasts works similarly to Music, in that its a place where you can play audio files, that are usually in a series, often updated daily or weekly.
You can download podcasts using Wifi or data.
If you have a bluetooth receiver, you can play your podcasts though that, the same way you would your music.
Some podcasts are entirely funded by adds, others are not. It depends on each individual podcast. There is no quick fix to remove ads.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you think of online music as a replacement for music over radio, you can think of podcasts as a replacement for talk radio. The same basic benefits apply. Listen when and where you want.

Unlike music, podcasts have not only made shows more flexible in location and time, they have added an incredible variety of subjects. Not just current news, but pretty much any topic you might be interested in. I tend to stick with tech podcasts myself, but I also listen to a few other's like the Incomparable Radio Theater, Mission Log, and the TED Radio Hour.

Most of the time I prefer podcasts to music when I go for walks.

While there are video podcasts, the majority of them are audio; and this is what the majority of the better shows do. Unlike video, there is no Youtube equivalent to compete with.

As for ads, well you can't remove them. However, ads are not as out of control in podcasts as they are elsewhere. They usually consist of a couple sponsor spots, where the hosts inform you about some service or company, often they have personal experience with the products. If you're really bored most podcast apps will let you skip forward by 15 to 30 seconds.

My favorite podcast app is Overcast. But there are many others.

As you might guess, I'm a podcast enthusiast.

Most reactions

Latest posts