What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a good app for recording lectures?

strutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a university student. I take notes via PDF expert.

What is a good app for recording lectures? I am looking for an app that can sync via an online storage device (e.g. dropbox) and can record even while I am typing notes on PDF Expert.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am a university student. I take notes via PDF expert.

What is a good app for recording lectures? I am looking for an app that can sync via an online storage device (e.g. dropbox) and can record even while I am typing notes on PDF Expert.

Now I do not use a voice recording app on my iPad, but would suggest a visit to the App Store and simply search on 'voice recording', e.g. THIS ONE has received some excellent reviews - whether you can multi-task w/ your note app - don't know? Good luck and please post back your results - might help others. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For the most part, it is not possible to run two app simultaneously on the iPad. There are a few exceptions, but they either involve playing music or have time limits and/or other problems you won't want to deal with in the middle of a lecture.

On the other hand there are several apps that do what you want all-in-one; record audio synced with any notes you take on a PDF document. Alas, I don't remember any of their names off the top of my head. However, a search for best college (or student) note taking app (using the custom Google search at the top of this sites webpage) should turn up numerous suggestions and preferences.

You'll have to give up using PDF Expert for note taking. I sympathize. I love that app. But by all reports other students on the forum have been more than pleased by the other apps.

Or, if you get lucky, maybe some of our busy students will stumble across the thread and give you better advice.

Last edited:

Most reactions