What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webmail

madam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot scroll down through my webmail messages on my iPad 2. The first 6 or 7 come up but no scroll bar to move down. Is there something I need to change to be able to view these?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot scroll down through my webmail messages on my iPad 2. The first 6 or 7 come up but no scroll bar to move down. Is there something I need to change to be able to view these?

To scroll on web pages where there's a 'page within a page' you need to use the two-finger scroll gesture. Instead of scrolling with a single finger (which moves the entire page) use two fingers at the same time - I use the first and second finger - lightly touch the screen in the message area with the two fingers and drag the message up or down with both fingers. It takes a bit of practice at first to get it right - I used to end up doing something completely unintended, such as zooming the screen or something equally not needed.

The two finger gesture 'tells' the iPad that you want to just move the text area of the message rather than the entire screen.

If you have any further problems with this, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Tim

Nancy Dow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To scroll on web pages where there's a 'page within a page' you need to use the two-finger scroll gesture. Instead of scrolling with a single finger (which moves the entire page) use two fingers at the same time - I use the first and second finger - lightly touch the screen in the message area with the two fingers and drag the message up or down with both fingers. It takes a bit of practice at first to get it right - I used to end up doing something completely unintended, such as zooming the screen or something equally not needed.

The two finger gesture 'tells' the iPad that you want to just move the text area of the message rather than the entire screen.

If you have any further problems with this, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Tim
Doesn't,t work Tim, do you mean two fingers on body of message? Nothing works to move the body of message, although I can scroll the list of messages up and down. Please help, this is very irritating..

Nancy Dow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Bell Aliant Webmail...but I open Safari to access the webmail.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tim has been gone for a long time now. The thread was started in 2011.

The two finger gesture he is talking about is using two fingers inside the box (frame) that you want to scroll. It can be very tricky. What always worked best for me was to use my first two fingers side-by-side (touching), then with them both inside the sidebar (or other scrolling frame) drag up/down.

But it's been a long while since I've been on a website that required this kind of tom-foolery. Most modern websites recognize and support mobile devices.

I'm not familiar with Bell Alaint Webmail, but if they have a support site I'd visit them and ask for their advice on the best way to access your mail from a mobile device.

Nancy Dow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim has been gone for a long time now. The thread was started in 2011.

The two finger gesture he is talking about is using two fingers inside the box (frame) that you want to scroll. It can be very tricky. What always worked best for me was to use my first two fingers side-by-side (touching), then with them both inside the sidebar (or other scrolling frame) drag up/down.

But it's been a long while since I've been on a website that required this kind of tom-foolery. Most modern websites recognize and support mobile devices.

I'm not familiar with Bell Alaint Webmail, but if they have a support site I'd visit them and ask for their advice on the best way to access your mail from a mobile device.
Thank you I will ask bell

Most reactions