What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcam for iPad?

kubaysi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all...
is there anyway to connect a camera to be as webcam with the iPad?
Mine is jailbroken, iOS 4.2.1

thx..

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately No, BUT, if u have an iPhone3gs/iphone4, there's an app that connects it to ur iPad to take pix with. So whatever u see on iPhone cam, u see on ur iPad. Then use iPad to take the pic.
Video conferencing apps like Skype and Tango work on the Ipad1. The other person can't see you, but u can still see and chat with them at the same time. even FaceTime can work on ipad1 but it has to be Jailbroken and u have to do a few steps to get it on your device.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

OP
K

kubaysi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thx a lot for ur kind reply.
thought there's another way..
anyway, thx again..

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your problem would be the voltage required by a webcam to operate, as the output through the USB camera connector is very low. The main reason the majority of USB sticks aren't recognised by the device.

bowserman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
castle-cottages.co.uk
Unfortunately No, BUT, if u have an iPhone3gs/iphone4, there's an app that connects it to ur iPad to take pix with. So whatever u see on iPhone cam, u see on ur iPad. Then use iPad to take the pic.
Video conferencing apps like Skype and Tango work on the Ipad1. The other person can't see you, but u can still see and chat with them at the same time. even FaceTime can work on ipad1 but it has to be Jailbroken and u have to do a few steps to get it on your device.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

What is the app called?

Most reactions

Latest posts