What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WebApp and External link

mciani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a simple app using PhoneGap and JQTouch. I think I did most of what I was trying to achieve, but I'm struggling with a strange (?) behavior of external links.

In few words, I have the following code within my apps:

<div id="forms">
<div class="toolbar">
<h1>Forms</h1>
<a href="#" class="back">Back</a>
</div>
<div>
<iframe src="link to external site" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%"> </iframe>
</div>
</div>

In Safari on my Mac it looks great, I have a frame containing google, everything embedded into the webapp.

If I load it into XCode, with the Phonegap template and build into the simulator, the frame is shown, but it's empty.

If I include the page into the DIV, with the EMBED or OBJECT, it works perfectly on Safari, but in the simulator the application will go in background and Safari is invoked...

Is anyone aware of a way to use either frames or any other way to include an external page into a webapp not allowing Safari to be invoked and remain in the app?

Thanks for your ideas!

Marco

Most reactions

Latest posts