What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web mail shows strange characters

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People who receive mails sent from my Ipad say that they get a string of strange characters in the bottom of the main body
thus cluttering the message. Is there a way to fix this. I am using webmail ( zimbra)
Cheers

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People who receive mails sent from my Ipad say that they get a string of strange characters in the bottom of the main body
thus cluttering the message. Is there a way to fix this. I am using webmail ( zimbra)
Cheers

This makes me think that there is a server signature included in the email. Do you perhaps have a signature set up that has non-starndard characters? Perhaps the server includes an advertisement in the signature portion of the email?

OP
U

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right. I do have my signature which includes my designation and address getting inserted. Should i remove that

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are right. I do have my signature which includes my designation and address getting inserted. Should i remove that

You should remove that and see if that was the problem. If not, you can restore it. If it ws the problem, you can try to find a way to include that information in a text format that doesn't get mangled. Or, perhaps omit that information if it isn't vital. It's up to you, but removing it and testing will indeed let you know if that was the root of the problem.

OP
U

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the only way possible was to use the cursor and backspace until all characters got deleted. Is there any other better way than having to select and delete? I can't find a "signature" enable and disable button on the ipad. This signature was actually originally inserted on my office outlook. But when at home I have to log into Zimbra web mail to access my office mail.

Most reactions