What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warm iPad Mini w/Retina Display

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it normal for an iPad Mini w/Retina to get warm after about an hour of use? I just purchased one today and it's gotten pretty warm since I've used it. I haven't played any games on it...just mainly downloading apps and music. My old iPad Mini (1st gen) never got warm.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it normal for an iPad Mini w/Retina to get warm after about an hour of use? I just purchased one today and it's gotten pretty warm since I've used it. I haven't played any games on it...just mainly downloading apps and music. My old iPad Mini (1st gen) never got warm.

Devices get warm some times and it doesn't have much to do with length of use. You might want to put it inside a case. Also, did you check the screen brightness setting? If you set that high then it will get warm quicker.

OP
teralpar

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be okay now. Maybe it was getting warm because I was downloading several apps at once? It has been in a case since I brought it home.

Also, none of my web browsers (Safari & Chrome) are working. I am able to pull up all other apps while connected to wifi or LTE but not the browsers. Do I need to change something in Settings to get the browsers to work? I've tried turning the device off and on but I'm still getting the "Webpage Not Available" message.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems to be okay now. Maybe it was getting warm because I was downloading several apps at once? It has been in a case since I brought it home. Also, none of my web browsers (Safari & Chrome) are working. I am able to pull up all other apps while connected to wifi or LTE but not the browsers. Do I need to change something in Settings to get the browsers to work? I've tried turning the device off and on but I'm still getting the "Webpage Not Available" message.

Try closing your browser apps completely and then relaunch them.

From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar and just swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it. Now relaunch your browser and see if it is now working. If not a reset may be in order.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

I have noticed my Chrome browser doing this recently also.....I will just press the Reload option that appears on screen and this will normally be all that is needed. Although I did get a tad frustrated with it and opted for a reset myself.....it's been fine since.

OP
teralpar

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I turned the device off and on again, and waited until all of my apps downloaded from my iCloud. Once they downloaded the browsers worked fine. Not sure what all of that was about.

Deane2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is very little cooling that is happening in a tablet. The new powerful processor run cooler but they still get hot. The more intensely the processor is working the hotter it's going to run. Sounds like you got some of it sorted. Hopefully things will cool off a bit going forward!

Most reactions