What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallpaper and photo stream?

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering why when I try to set a photo as wallpaper it gets zoomed a lot and i can't unzoom it.... I can move it around but barely and I was also wondering why on photo streams, not all of my photos get uploaded there... Is there anyway to start again the upload? Or to make some photo go there too? Thanks a lot, i have an ipad 2 ios 7.1 non jailbroken (my first non jailbroken idevice ahah)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering why when I try to set a photo as wallpaper it gets zoomed a lot and i can't unzoom it.... I can move it around but barely and I was also wondering why on photo streams, not all of my photos get uploaded there... Is there anyway to start again the upload? Or to make some photo go there too? Thanks a lot, i have an ipad 2 ios 7.1 non jailbroken (my first non jailbroken idevice ahah)

Hi Timey, that's one feature of the iOS 7x.x we've been wondering about too. Here's one discussion about it in this forum:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/120462-need-help-setting-wallpaper.html
Most of us have got around it by choosing the right kind of photo or downloading an app, while waiting for Apple to hopefully reintroduce, in a future upgrade, what we enjoyed having before.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photo Stream syncs when you're connected to Wi-Fi. If you're not connected, your pictures won't be synced until you are. Also, it only syncs when the iPad battery is above 20 %, and the Camera app is closed.

Also, the pictures that are saved to Photo Stream will be removed after 30 days, or if the limit of 1000 photos is reached.

If you disable Photo Stream, it's possible that (some of the) photos that are there now, don't appear afterwards, when you enable it again.

Last edited:
OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks both, now I finally know better how the photo stream works (although sometimes it just doesn't import some photos) and I also know how to set correctly the wallpaper :) thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts