What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LohMKi 🎁

Wait for 7th gen iPad Pro?

Justharry

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
I recently upgraded my 2nd gen iPad Pro to the 6th gen with Magic Keyboard. I’m liking it, but do find the combo somewhat top heavy (but a lap desk helps a lot with this when not working on a flat surface). Anyway, have been reading Mac rumors and it sounds like there’s a significant iPad Pro upgrade coming soon. The rumor that most caught my attention was that the design would be more laptop like/less top heavy. The potential OLED screen and M3 chip aren’t bad upgrades either. Looking for advice (opinions) … … i have until Jan 6 to return my 5th gen … … should i do so and wait out the upgraded device?
 
It is rare that a single generation is worth upgrading, but since you have the ability to get your money back, there are two main considerations I think you should consider before making the gamble. And it is a gamble. Rumors are after all rumors.

The first is whether you are willing to do without your current iPad Pro for the few to several months before the next generation is released. Apple does not always release new devices on the rumor market's schedule.

Second, are you willing to risk paying a bit more than your current iPad cost, with the possibility that the rumored updates aren't all you hope them to be, or even come about at all.

It mostly depends on how much you use/rely on your iPad? There is always something new coming if you wait. Can you afford to wait? Are you willing to do without for however long?
 
It is rare that a single generation is worth upgrading, but since you have the ability to get your money back, there are two main considerations I think you should consider before making the gamble. And it is a gamble. Rumors are after all rumors.

The first is whether you are willing to do without your current iPad Pro for the few to several months before the next generation is released. Apple does not always release new devices on the rumor market's schedule.

Second, are you willing to risk paying a bit more than your current iPad cost, with the possibility that the rumored updates aren't all you hope them to be, or even come about at all.

It mostly depends on how much you use/rely on your iPad? There is always something new coming if you wait. Can you afford to wait? Are you willing to do without for however long?
Thank you … very rational reply .. those are the considerations .. and the reasoning applies to many more situations as well (like my camera gear :rolleyes:). I loved my 2nd gen pro (still in service .. reset and repurposed for my grandson now) .. now I’m loving my new 6th gen - especially loving the Magic Keyboard … just not liking the top heavy config (was thinking that if rumor is true, this issue will resolve with lighter OLED screen). But, but, but … there’s always something better coming around the corner but at some point we have to be content with what we’ve got … … anyway .. I’ve got a few more days to think about it … thanks again.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top