What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume very bad, have to hold iPad to hear.

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My volume is so bad I have to hold the iPad up to my ear to hear. Anyone have any ideas how to increase it?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My volume is so bad I have to hold the iPad up to my ear to hear. Anyone have any ideas how to increase it?

Hi Dick...... - first, I assume that you have an iPad 2 (forum posted in?) which was first released in 2011; second, please tell us which iOS is installed (9.x is the most recent one for that model). Also, when did the problem start and was there any water and/or physical damage (like a drop) to the device?

Check the phone jack to make sure nothing is inside which might be muting the sound - also 'Reset' the iPad (hold down both HOME & ON-OFF buttons until the Apple logo appears - may take 10+ sec - release and allow to reboot) - post back answers to the questions above and results of the last two suggestions. Dave :)

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, yes Ipad2---o.s.9.3.2-no water damage etc. etc. I justdid the power off operation. Caked the ear plug jack-okay. I did discover that the power cord for sub charging cuts off the volume indicator bar that shows when you want to + or - the volume. I'll get a new one. DIck-----

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, yes Ipad2---o.s.9.3.2-no water damage etc. etc. I justdid the power off operation. Caked the ear plug jack-okay. I did discover that the power cord for sub charging cuts off the volume indicator bar that shows when you want to + or - the volume. I'll get a new one. DIck-----
Volume situation is the same.
Dick-----

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Volume situation is the same.
Dick-----

Hi again - sorry that your problem has persisted - did you plug in some headphones to see if the sound can be adjusted via that route or try some BT (Bluetooth) external speakers - if those options work fine, then the issue may be the internal speaker(s) of the iPad 2? Not sure that I can offer much more advice except to obtain a diagnostics at an Apple store or reputable Apple service center - I started out w/ a iPad 2 in 2011, switched to an iPad Air 2 in 2014, and am ready for a newer one - maybe time for you to upgrade? Good luck - Dave :)

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again - sorry that your problem has persisted - did you plug in some headphones to see if the sound can be adjusted via that route or try some BT (Bluetooth) external speakers - if those options work fine, then the issue may be the internal speaker(s) of the iPad 2? Not sure that I can offer much more advice except to obtain a diagnostics at an Apple store or reputable Apple service center - I started out w/ a iPad 2 in 2011, switched to an iPad Air 2 in 2014, and am ready for a newer one - maybe time for you to upgrade? Good luck - Dave :)

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, I plugged in some apple ear buds and the sound almost blew me outta my chair. Volume control was. Fine etc. never dawned on me to try that. So I guess there is a prob. W/main speaker.
I'll take it to Apple stor and see what they say.
I really appreciate your help
Thanks
Dickster-----

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, I plugged in some apple ear buds and the sound almost blew me outta my chair. Volume control was. Fine etc. never dawned on me to try that. So I guess there is a prob. W/main speaker.
I'll take it to Apple stor and see what they say.
I really appreciate your help
Thanks
Dickster-----

OK Dickster - so, maybe 'narrowed down' to the internal speaker(s) - let us know about your visit to Apple - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts