What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos from digital camera won't play

Bones541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a nice compact Canon digital camera that takes great pics and HD video. I'm able to transfer and view all the pics on my iPad, however the videos are transferred, but won't play ( they will play perfectly well when downloaded from my camera to my PC). When I updated to 4.2 a couple of days ago, one of the camera's videos plays beautifully, and the others will play, but only sound, not video. Wassup with that?

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried just now and it it works for me.... my video successfully transferred to the iPad. Like you I'm on 4.2.1 and my camera is a casio exilim

OP
B

Bones541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update-
If I play the video, the first time it will only have audio. If I play it again, it will have video as well, although the icon still has a generic "movie" logo. Odd, but nice to be able to finally watch my transferred videos.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Bones. How did you transfer? Camera connection kit or via iTunes?

If via iTunes, you may need to convert it. I have a link in my sig to help. If via the camera connection kit, then I am as confused as you. One of my cameras uses .AVI when I drag and drop it on my hard drive directly from the camera, but somehow magically work if I import them using the camera connection kit - and they wouldn't if they were really .AVI!!

Most reactions