What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Help

pamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded pictures and videos from my camera to my ipad. It won't play the videos. Do I need a special app for that. It keeps giving me a notice that says "adobe is not available". Any advice on what I can do to see the videos.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe a Hello and short presentation will be welcome too

Your so dam kind... More appropriately you should say 'hello and welcome to our forum and maybe I can help with your issue'. Or better so, don't say anything at all.

But I guess your off the hook because your not perfect which you admit

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Kirk,

What kind of video is it? If you get some kind of "Adobe" message, maybe it is a flash video?

Welcome!

OP
P

pamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello

Sorry I guess I should have said hello. I thought it was better just to ask the question. It was downloaded along with the pictures on my canon camera. It was a 10 sec video. It says it cant play it because adobe doesnt support ipod or ipad. I didn't know if there was a program that let you play all videos. I can play itunes videos but just nothing from my camera. Thanking you in advance

OP
P

pamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you CaptKirk. I am a senior citizen and new to doing this and am sorry if I did it wrong. Kindness is always nice. TY

OP
P

pamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks so much. I will read it now. My camera is a sx200. Plays perfectly on my macbook but not on ipad.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CaptKirk can keep is lessons

Maybe a Hello and short presentation will be welcome too

Your so dam kind... More appropriately you should say 'hello and welcome to our forum and maybe I can help with your issue'. Or better so, don't say anything at all.

But I guess your off the hook because your not perfect which you admit

Dear Kirk, you can see here 20 post by day from people just arrive with a question and no presentation just a short question … like here is the free apple support so some time i give some word …

But let’s talk you want we count and compare the quantity of reply i have give for help people in need ???
So maybe your lessons of politeness you can keep it la

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you CaptKirk. I am a senior citizen and new to doing this and am sorry if I did it wrong. Kindness is always nice. TY

Hi Pamg, can you give us more details like the video format you still use, usually you have to convert your video with Handbrake and add it to your iTunes library … do you see your video in your itunes when you sync your iPad ? (see the picture) since you see it there you can view it using the Video software include in your iPad , not using the iPod one

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-22 at AM 05.46.23.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-05-22 at AM 05.46.23.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 179

Ltapilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi pamg I was just looking at the specs for your sx200 and the ipad. They seem compatible. What resolution are you shooting at? I would try to shoot something at 640x480 and see if that helps when you download directly to yur iPad.

ipadone had a good suggestion to try to import the MOV into itunes first then sync your iPad to to itunes. This seems like a few extra steps but it may be then only way.

Let us know about your progress. Learning is half the fun!:D

Last edited:
OP
P

pamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Learning is half the fun and thank you all for your advice.

Most reactions

Latest posts