What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

via desktop computer access internet?

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, my ipad via lighting cable connect desktop computer, and desktop computer via my hubs/router to...connect internet. is it, ipad access internet via my desktop computer? MUST no via wifi access internet. any advice please!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi, my ipad via lighting cable connect desktop computer, and desktop computer via my hubs/router to...connect internet. is it, ipad access internet via my desktop computer? MUST no via wifi access internet. any advice please!
An iOS device such as your iPad cannot connect to the Internet with a wired connection. There are only two ways for an iPad to connect to the Internet, WiFi or a cellular data connection. If you have no WiFi at home, you'll have to get a WiFi router if you want to connect your iPad to the Internet at home.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, in my case, I need buy that "wifi router first?" or if ipad/and desktop enable that "bluetooth" share internet ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks, in my case, I need buy that "wifi router first?" or if ipad/and desktop enable that "bluetooth" share internet ?
It's also impossible to connect your iPad to the internet using Bluetooth and a PC. You'll need a Wi-Fi router.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has been possible to set up your PC/laptop as a wifi router and to then be able to connect your iPad to the internet through software called Connectify.

Have a look at this link....I'm sure there would be more recent articles on the net about this.
How To Setup A Wi-Fi HotSpot for Windows7

I hope this helps you and let us know if you are able to do this.

Interesting.

The ones I looked at mentioned that the PC must have a wireless adapter or USB device installed. Makes sense because the PC must have ability to transmit data packets.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. The ones I looked at mentioned that the PC must have a wireless adapter or USB device installed. Makes sense because the PC must have ability to transmit data packets.

I've never done it myself but we did help another member well over a year ago now to do this and he followed those instructions.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
follow up: if that Siri (Voice Processing), is it same case? need access internet must via wifi? I want to used light-cable connect via iTunes, to desktop...to connect internet...can't?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
follow up: if that Siri (Voice Processing), is it same case? need access internet must via wifi? I want to used light-cable connect via iTunes, to desktop...to connect internet...can't?
Siri will work over WiFi or cellular internet connections. You can't use a cable to connect to the Internet with any iOS device. The cable is only for charging and syncing, backups and data transfers between your device and iTunes on your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts