What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very excited newb

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, very impressed with the site, lots of useful stuff here.

Just had a phone call saying my ipad will be delivered tomorrow. It was ordered through a third party retailer as I won it in a competition and had no say in where it came from.

Never had an Apple product before but really looking forward to the ipad, I think I'm going to get a lot out of it. Not sure the wife is happy though . . .

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, very impressed with the site, lots of useful stuff here.
Thank you! Hopefully we can help you get the most out of your new iPad. Since you have never had an Apple product before, I might suggest that you download the User's Manual from the Apple website.

I know their website redirects you depending on your country, but this link should get you to the point where you can download the manual:
Apple - Support - iPad

The other thing you will absolutely need to do is download the iTunes program on your computer. You will need to register your iPad through iTunes when you first get it. Think of iTunes as your portal. It is the way of getting content on (and off!) of your iPad.

Here is the link to iTunes:
Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained.

Not sure the wife is happy though . . .
We can't help you with that!

Last edited:
OP
Anfield800

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, got the itunes sorted, got the manual, just need something to keep the wife happy and I'm set. Oh, and the ipad. Roll on tomorrow! :)

Most reactions