What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Version 1 to version 3

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one of the first original iPads, and will get a new V3 tomorrow. I noted that most did a simple SIM chip replacement when going from V1 to V2 - since V3 is 4G enabled, and I have an original unlimited 3G account - think the swap will still work? I really don't want to lose the cheap unlimited plan…..

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're on AT&T, I read that they're supposed to be allowing grandfathered unlimited users to switch their plans to 4G unlimited. (I haven't verified that.) But you'll need a new SIM from what I understand.

When you or others have switched to your new iPad, I'd like to hear about your carrier experiences.

I'm not upgrading to the new iPad, but I'd like to know for future reference. Right now, I have iPad 1 and 2 and I switch my unlimited data SIM between the two, depending on which is more charged up before I leave the house.

Most reactions

Latest posts