What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon IPAD on Sprint or Virgin Mobile with built in 3g radio

ewalker3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the ATT ipad can run on Tmobile if you put in one of their sim cards, but I was wondering if the verizon ipad can be activated on sprint or virgin mobile using the ipads 3g radio as opposed to a mifi or other hotspot style suggestion?

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ewalker3 said:
I know the ATT ipad can run on Tmobile if you put in one of their sim cards, but I was wondering if the verizon ipad can be activated on sprint or virgin mobile using the ipads 3g radio as opposed to a mifi or other hotspot style suggestion?

As CDMA does not have a SIM card it would not be possible.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another point to take into consideration is that Verizon iPad will work almost nowhere else in the world except the US and a very few other countries. The Verizon CDMA standard is not supported in many other countries so, if you're planning to travel abroad, the AT&T iPad is really your only choice.

Tim

OP
E

ewalker3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I am familiar with the CDMA vs GSM worldwide discussion.

So even given sprint or virgin the ESN # to the verizon ipad they still wont activate it?

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ewalker3 said:
Thanks. I am familiar with the CDMA vs GSM worldwide discussion.

So even given sprint or virgin the ESN # to the verizon ipad they still wont activate it?

No only one that i know of thaf will do anything like thars is Metro PCS!

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Most reactions