What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the iPad in the car

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Velcro.

Just watch the video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTSDPKktbUk"]video[/ame].

jaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Velcro.

Just watch the video.

video.

lol...but just wondering if the ipad can sustain large jolts from pot holes in the road or constant vibration while driving?

oh and the ipad taped onto the cooker scene...wouldn't the gases and smoke harm the ipad? lol...

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Velcro.

Just watch the video.

video.

lol...but just wondering if the ipad can sustain large jolts from pot holes in the road or constant vibration while driving?

oh and the ipad taped onto the cooker scene...wouldn't the gases and smoke harm the ipad? lol...

Yes, my heart jumped a little when I saw that, and never see myself doing that.

You'd be surprised how strong the modern velcros are. The wiki says it can handle up to 176 pounds and I believe they're talking about the traditional velcros, not the recent one which is a lot more stronger. (No residue either) Basically, it will take a lot more to exert that much force than say a little bump in the road. :)

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was working for a machine shop developing and marketing RC Rock Crawling products. We developed a product that was dependent on Velcro, and I was a bit of a skeptic. We contacted Velcro and talked to them about what we needed.

They sent us several of their heavy duty products and the load capabilities were incredible. We tested it to the extremes, and you would have thought we were using duct tape rather than Velcro.

There's no doubt in my mind that Velcro is fully capable of supporting much more than the iPad. That being said, I cringed when I saw the iPad on the motorcycle tank in that Velcro video on YouTube. I know it will hold it, but if something crazy happened, my skin tingles thinking about the iPad bouncing and skidding across the asphalt.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that Velcro is fully capable of supporting much more than the iPad. That being said, I cringed when I saw the iPad on the motorcycle tank in that Velcro video on YouTube. I know it will hold it, but if something crazy happened, my skin tingles thinking about the iPad bouncing and skidding across the asphalt.

better not watch this then.

Will It Blend? | Presented By Blendtec

Roundplay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gomuvn.com
Muvn Headrest Mount for iPad

The new Muvn Headrest Mount for iPad is up for presales on amazon.com.
Four colors to choose from to go with most any car interior, adjustable tilt angle, cool inspired design (looks great with the iPad).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Muvn+grey&x=0&y=0]Amazon.com: Muvn grey: Electronics[/ame]

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new ZooGue iPad case has a head rest function and it works very well. You would be better off going with the multi function ZooGue then several spelized cases. JMO

Most reactions

Latest posts