What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using I phone sim in I pad

Arryboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it ok to do this ? My phone battery has failed and have sent for a new one . In the meantime can I use the sim in my I pad? I am on an EE contract . I usually get my internet for the I pad using the Hotspot and tethering to the I phone. I have them synced together so I can send texts from I pad but will I be able to make calls ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't make phone calls from an iPad unless those calls are routed through an iPhone using the same Apple ID. Since your iPhone is out of service, you won't be able to make or receive calls or SMS text messages. iMessage will still work between Apple devices. Also, you should contact your cellular carrier to ask if they have a problem with you using your iPhone SIM card in your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts