What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps showing at 4.34 gigs, but only 2.6 installed...?

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, so I was whining about not having enough space, but I just did a rough total of the size of all my apps and I came up with a measly 2.6 gigs.

What I don't understand is why I'm seeing almost 4.5 gigs installed?

Are there just a ton of apps that cache a great deal of data?

How can I figure out this mystery, get a proper installed app list and trash the remaining even 1 gig of useless memory?

I get if the file system isn't efficient, but it is... it's not a fat or fat32 crappy layout, Apple memory is very well distributed, so I'm confused.

Appreciate any light that can be shed here! :)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think that may include downloaded data internal to the app. I noticed this too with GoodReader: he seems to grow with the data that I drag in.

OP
andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, good. That makes sense...

The question I've got now is how the HECK to figure out which applications are caching that much data, and how to get rid of it...???

EODtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I have a screen of different applications how can I " get info" about that application. ". For instance I want to know what version number I have. If I have to open the application what is the secret then to find a version number to see what I am running.
TIA

OP
andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although you're kind of hijacking my thread, I'll forgive you, because I know the answer ;0)

In iTunes, go to "Apps" under Library and you can find the app in question, right click and check the info. It will show the version, size, etc all in one nice lil' box.

Most reactions

Latest posts