What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upload to web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katbrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi im not too technically, but need to know of therre is an app that will help me.
Daily I have tonsign into my employers website and upload picture and pdf files. Only ipad doesnt allow that. Is there an app that would help me?
Thanks in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your employer's upload site can be accessed by webDav or FTP, yes. Ask your IT folk. If they say yes to one of these there are apps that will work.

Because the iPad doesn't have a standard file system there is no easy way for a web browser to choose a file to upload. That is probably why none of them (that I have tried) work with the web based file upload pages.

Stetch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Goodreader where you can save files in folders and connect to different servers to download or upload. Helped me alot.

OP
K

Katbrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I think i need to clarify. I sign into a third party webite amd click a button to browse my computer for a file to upload, usualy a .pdf or a .jpg, I find the file, click and it uploades, at least thats what i do from my old laptop. But with Ipad, the browse button never allows me to select it. Would any of these that ypu have suggested have this ability? I apologize for my lack of understanding, but im tecnically challenged :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is what I thought you were doing, and no web browser on the iPad (that I know of, including GoodReader) will let you do this.

This is why you need to talk to your IT folk and find out if there is another way to upload your files, FTP or webDAV. GoodReader can do webDAV, and there are some FTP capable program as well, though I'm not familiar with them.

Or maybe you can talk your employers into using DropBox. It is flexible and works with almost any mobile device and/or computer.

Andre.Sewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the iCab mobile browser. I use it to add stock to my website (Techshopja.com). With iCab, I'm able to save images (& other file types I presume) into iCabs downloads folder; & when I'm adding a product to the website, I upload the images directly from that same folder; just as I would on my laptop. It can be found in the app store (don't remember the cost).

Hope this helps :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Istorage has a built in browser that allows it.
You simply put your files into istorage and upload from its browser. Found this one yesterday

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I think i need to clarify. I sign into a third party webite amd click a button to browse my computer for a file to upload, usualy a .pdf or a .jpg, I find the file, click and it uploades, at least thats what i do from my old laptop. But with Ipad, the browse button never allows me to select it. Would any of these that ypu have suggested have this ability? I apologize for my lack of understanding, but im tecnically challenged :)

Well, iCab seems to be able to do this, but I'm not having any luck making it work with this forum.

When I go to the Manage Attachments the grayed out Choose File button is replaced by an active Select File button. When I tap this I get two choices of places to select files from, the downloaded file section in iCab or the Photos folders. You can add files to iCab's dowmloads by using Open In... in another app. I did this easily from GoodReader.

Selecting the file was no problem, but when I tapped on the Upload button I got an error asking me to select a file. Nothing I did got arruond this. Maybe iCab's upload feature works on other sites. I'll probably test it later.

In the mean time I found a way to use the editor in browswers othe than Safari. If you go to the User CP, Edit Options, all the way to the bottom and change the editor from WYSIWYG to enhanced HTML it works. At least mostly. I haven't tested all the buttons and stuff.

If the Upload feature just worked iCab would be almost as funtional for forum use as a desktop.

P.S. Sent using iCab

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, iCab seems to be able to do this, but I'm not having any luck making it work with this forum.

When I go to the Manage Attachments the grayed out Choose File button is replaced by an active Select File button. When I tap this I get two choices of places to select files from, the downloaded file section in iCab or the Photos folders. You can add files to iCab's dowmloads by using Open In... in another app. I did this easily from GoodReader.

Selecting the file was no problem, but when I tapped on the Upload button I got an error asking me to select a file. Nothing I did got arruond this. Maybe iCab's upload feature works on other sites. I'll probably test it later.

In the mean time I found a way to use the editor in browswers othe than Safari. If you go to the User CP, Edit Options, all the way to the bottom and change the editor from WYSIWYG to enhanced HTML it works. At least mostly. I haven't tested all the buttons and stuff.

If the Upload feature just worked iCab would be almost as funtional for forum use as a desktop.

P.S. Sent using iCab
There, you got it. IcabMobile uploads pictures only with html based forums such as those built around Drupal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions