What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrade to ios 6.1.3.

psykopat81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think 6.1.3 is the best for ipad 2.

is it possible to downgrade from 9 to 6.1.3 (i read somewhere ''tihmstar'' did this on ios 8)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

is it possible to downgrade from 9 to 6.1.3 (i read somewhere ''tihmstar'' did this on ios 8)
I'm afraid not. Apple is no longer signing iOS 6.1.3 for the iPad 2. At the current time Apple is only signing iOS 9.3.5 for the iPad 2.
Even if you obtained the download file for iOS 6.1.3 and downloaded it to your iPad 2, the installation would fail every time as the installation process includes an online verification with Apple servers. The servers would recognize that you were trying to install an unsigned iOS version and would reject the attempted installation.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

For checking on 'signed' IPSW versions, go to the IPSW Website - as shown below for a Wi-Fi iPad 2, the 9.3.5 version is signed and all others below (going back to iOS 4.x) are not - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 11.09.20 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts