What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK wifi networks

philk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've decided to go for wifi only ipad 16gb (looking to get an iphone 4gs in the near future and didn't want two sets of monthly network costs - I've managed with a wifi only ipod touch for over two years so I guess I'll survive).

I'm considering though investing in a small subscription to a nationwide wifi network - wondered if anyone was having the same thoughts and if there was feedback on coverage etc.

The main two options seem to be The Cloud or BT (who do a £ 5 per month option which seems to cover most UK large cities I visit quite well including Leeds, Manchester, Brimingham, Edinburgh and London).

Any thoughts ?

Phil

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have a nation wide WiFi network in the UK!? Pretty cool. If that were the case (and I lived in a city) then I would have considered that here.

OP
philk

philk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both the networks I mention are technically nationwide but are quite patchy. There are large swathes of countryside and smaller towns that will have no or very limited hotspots.

Most reactions