What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two ipads same id, can you have 2 different bookmarks and favorites?

Wordsthoughts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I handed down my ipad 2 to my wife and purchased a recurred ipad 3 from apple. I wiped the 2 prior to giving it to her and set it up as a new ipad with her email address etc. she loves it and has begun personalizing her ipad which makes me happy.

The problem is, she deleted all of my favorites on her ipad, which erased them on mine! I've found a temporary fox by not backing up safari on my ipad. Is there another way? By the way, as a sidebar, the ipad 3 is not a 'better tablet' than the 2 if it's just an internet and email tool. That's why I am unmoved by the 4 and the Air!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could set up a different iCloud account for her on her iPad. That way bookmarks and favorites are not synced between the devices.

What will also stop syncing:
Contacts, calendar, photos, ...
That has to be considered as well.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts