What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter follower request probs

dawillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seems to be. Prob with either twitter (which seems unlikely) or the twitter app....every time I go to accept a follower request a very short "FORBIDDEN"...anyone know of a way fix my problem please? Lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is all from memory of similar incidents, so it may not be 100% accurate:

Forbidden is what happens when either the member has blocked you, or blocked new followers in general. You can only join the later if requested, or if they follow you first.

It also happens if that member has been banned. If you are trying to follow people who have randomly tweeted to your account, this is the most likely cause. Lots of spammers out there, and they get canned pretty quickly.

I'm one of the reasons they get banned so quickly. I block (if unsure) or report spammers immediately rather than just ignore them. I find the practice annoying. Both actions trigger a review of the account. A report gets higher priority.

A spam is most offen a "see this" sort of thing, or a short (banal) saying followed by a shortened URL.

Last edited:
OP
dawillie

dawillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, one more question; could the prob have to do with being logged into two different twitter accounts on my android mobile or my iPad (either or)?....

Zachariah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. You will have to log into twitter through safari amd accept followers there. I have deleted and reinstalled the IOS app even after a full DFU restore even took my tweets off protected mode to no avail I still have the same problem. It's only been after I went to OS6 though. I'm on MC979LL iPad2,1 16GB if that gives any ideas

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No ideas. I'm somewhat hampered by the fact that I don't restrict followers, and very few people want to follow me to begin with; so I don't have any opportunities to test the feature.

All I do is check my new followers' feeds. If they are crude, or worse, a spammer, I block them. Otherwise I don't care. Then again, I mostly use twitter to read, and what little I post is public safe.

What's really annoying to me is that until now I didn't realize you were all talking about private feeds. I'd have just admitted my ignorance up front if I'd realized that; and it was all there in the posts, so I should have known. :eek:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts