What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweetbot question

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since a Twitter app prominently appeared when I updated the IOS I decided to sign up with Twitter.
I'm disappointed in the iPad Twitter app and wondering if the often acclaimed tweetbot will give me a better experience. I don't want to buy something that doesn't do what I need.

What I would like is to mark tweets read so I know what I last saw. The iPad app apparently doesn't do that. Can I do that with tweetbot? Can I then scroll through a list and find tweets that I have not read because they are not marked as read even if they are many hours old even though newer tweets are marked read?

At this time I do not write tweets, I just read and follow posted links, most from news organizations & 'pundits'. I find the timeline sometimes is overwhelming, especially when I look at it only a few times a day.
If I create multiple timelines with tweetbot does that mean I can have separate timelines for following different users so that I don't have to wade through one continuous list like which apparently is how it is with the iPad Twitter app?

Thanks, jon

Most reactions

Latest posts