What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tweaks that cause battery drain

beatlejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im new to jb and was just wondering of certain tweaks or apps that cause battery drain (apart from animated wallpapers lol thats obvious)

ive been using Ifile and my camara connection kit to watch movies off my memory cards for example does that cause more drain than watching it straight off the ipad memory?

ive also changed almost everything on my lockscreen and home screens. my wifi bar colours battery colours all that sort of thing does that change any battery issues?

any other things to watch out for would be good to know. thanks guys

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im new to jb and was just wondering of certain tweaks or apps that cause battery drain (apart from animated wallpapers lol thats obvious)

ive been using Ifile and my camara connection kit to watch movies off my memory cards for example does that cause more drain than watching it straight off the ipad memory?

ive also changed almost everything on my lockscreen and home screens. my wifi bar colours battery colours all that sort of thing does that change any battery issues?

any other things to watch out for would be good to know. thanks guys

Good questions, id like to know also. Id figure having light colored wallpapers or backgrounds use more battery. I read somewhere that having darker themes, wallpapers or whtever will drain battery less.
I use anesthetic wood winterboard theme and have noticed my battery doesnt drain as fast. Lasts alot longer. Its a dark theme, simple n cool. Little stuff like wifi bar colors or whatever shouldnt effect battery hardly. Autumn leaves hd lock screen theme is cool also. Lock screen shows animated leaves falling and has 2 widgets also, time and calender. Lock screen theme shouldnt affect battery as it only stays up a few seconds unless u have ipad set for password lock, like i do.

OP
B

beatlejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
heres my ipad at the moment

IMG_0036.png

IMG_0037.png

theres a scary laugh sound when i unlock it. apart from that no other custom sounds.

also running Ifile, winterboard, gridlock, pkgbackup, mask for the icons. my background and icons are fairly dark too so i guess theres nothing really to change the battery usage. i havent had any issues by the way i was just curious of things that might affect battery use. i always have my brightness all the way down unless im showing someone something and need to turn it up. i can see it just fine on the lowest setting. also has anyone noticed the brightness only changes when u get about half way up the slider anyway? i tested it last night. maybe its the wallpaper im running and doesnt show up till then. might be different for other wallpapers??

Last edited:

TomanytoysJF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ I love your theme mind telling me which one it is? The greenposion one I tried was not like urs!

OP
B

beatlejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks glad u like it. i just found the wallpaper online. found another theme that i liked certain parts of. like the dock and the status bar outline. it was actually a blue theme i cant remember wat it was called. so i just changed the colours of the
certain things i wanted to change and made my theme.

the icons are glass orb ones i used gridlock to place the icons and i used mask to change and the icon shapes and colour the icons. pretty basic stuff really. the slider switches are just from a greenpoison theme and i added them into mine replacing my stock sliders.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please stop the madness in thinking that a light theme will have appreciably more battery drain than a dark one. It wont. I promise you.
Backlight brightness will absoutely have the most significant effect, so keeping it low is good, but dont worry about the colour scheme in the slightest! :D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please stop the madness in thinking that a light theme will have appreciably more battery drain than a dark one. It wont. I promise you.
Backlight brightness will absoutely have the most significant effect, so keeping it low is good, but dont worry about the colour scheme in the slightest! :D

Gotcha! Lol

kryptykk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yup, regardless of a black or white theme, the pixels still have to be assigned an RGB value and display it, so it makes no difference in what color is actually displayed.

commadore64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, regardless of a black or white theme, the pixels still have to be assigned an RGB value and display it, so it makes no difference in what color is actually displayed.

Although this does sound accurate, however I have not witnessed this.
I use Night Stand (clock for ipad) ..
if I use LCD setting (black background with orange LED) and leave it running all night from a 100% charge, I'll wake up and it is at ~48% full
if I use MILK (white background) and leave it running all night, I'll wake up with ~25%

Most reactions