What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to Get away from paper

Sargon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am contemplating purchasing a tablet, either a new iPad or the soon to be released Asus Transformer 700. The decision will mostly be driven by the best application to suit my intent. I want to get away from piles of paper with notes and scribles and be able to sort and save in a nice easily accessible system.
I want to be able to take lecture/meeting notes on the screen with a stylus of sorts while at the same time recording the audio of the lecture/meeting. I have tried to find the best suitable app for this and have come up with Notability or possibly Soundnote for the iPad or Supernote for the Transformer but reviews are of course not always the best tool for making a $600 decision. Another important aspect will be the ease with which to export the information to a PC. Seems that is not really insurmountable on either tablet.

Other important considerations are that I am a lefty and write in that funny lefthanded way with my hand curved over the top of my pen so I need to be able to not have my hand/wrist interfere when they rest on the surface. Character recognition would be nice but I have yet to find the software that can recognize my writing, so probably almost impossible. Exporting to MSWord and PDFs would also be very nice.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

S.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Going paperless has not worked for anyone as proved over the years. But you can reduce weight and increase productivity.

Also, I would not count on getting good recordings in a big lecture hall with a tablet. You will likely need an external mic. You can certainly take notes. And I disagree about using reviews to make a $600 decision. The more reviews, the better your decision.

OP
Sargon

Sargon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I am always concerned that developers get friends and family to post glowing reviews and then you end up with a lemon. I realize paperless is a dream but I just need to keep notes together, easily accessible without dragging huge binders full of paper around with me.

S

Most reactions

Latest posts