What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling with iPad in South America - What's Your Favorite Communication App?

MirandaKay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently touring South America and at this time I am in Bolivia. I had previously been using Skype for all my voice calling to landlines and mobile devices in the US, but the rates were starting to get to me. I found a new app that I am enjoying called Airetalk. They advertise lower rates and better sound quality, which I dismissed as a sales pitch but to my suprise the sound quality has been excellent. In fact, this week my calling quality has improved even more with the release of the 4.1 update. I have already saved a substantial amount of money since using this app for 2 weeks. There are many features offered on this app, probably more than any other communication app available, but unfortunately not many people I know had the app so I am unable to take full advantage of all the features offered.

What is your communication app of choice for traveling and why? Have you tried Airetalk? If so, what has your experience been?

Last edited:
OP
M

MirandaKay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airetalk to airetalk calling is always free, problem is not as many people are on airtalk. So I still use Skype for all my business meetings and Skype to Skype communication. Who knows, in the future Airetalk may become the next Skype as they are rapidly growing and continuously updating.

Most reactions

Latest posts