What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

touch screen wont work

riley1234198

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a little problem with my Ipad. The touch screen dont work the only way to get it to work is you have to press hard on the back of the Ipad and then the touch pad will work... Any idea what the cause is and is it worth to fix it or take it in to get it fixed?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a little problem with my Ipad. The touch screen dont work the only way to get it to work is you have to press hard on the back of the Ipad and then the touch pad will work... Any idea what the cause is and is it worth to fix it or take it in to get it fixed?
If pressing hard on the back of the iPad gets the touchscreen to work, your problem is almost certainly a loose connector. Try slapping the back of the iPad firmly with an open hand two or three times. It may help. If not, a repair may be necessary. If you're close to an Apple Store, make a Genius Bar appointment to have a diagnostic done. You'll then know what the problem is and what the cost will be if the warranty has expired.

Most reactions