What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Newbie Question

recDNA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have a new IPAD (my wife's but I set it up for her) and I have a Droid phone.

When you purchase an app from the Android Market you can simply delete it within 24 hours if you don't like it and your money is refunded automatically. You don't have to contact the developer or anything - just delete the app.

Is there something like that with the IPAD or are you stuck paying for an app you've purchased even if you hate it?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you pay for it, you use it. No ifs, ands, or butts.

That's apple for ya, unfortantly. Thankfully though you can read reviews these days and this site helps a lot..

OP
R

recDNA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you pay for it, you use it. No ifs, ands, or butts.

That's apple for ya, unfortantly. Thankfully though you can read reviews these days and this site helps a lot..

Wow, that stinks! I used to complain a lot about the Android OS but now that I'm using OS4 I appreciate some of the advantages the Android system offers. The IPAD is best for my wife because it is what her friends use and they can easily share stuff but I'm going to wait for an Android tablet for myself. Those I've seen so far are too small. I want something IPAD size. Android operates much more like a netbook than IPAD OS4 does.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you check it out the google store no longer allows 24 hours to cancel. Too many people playing games for hours and then canceling them. I think it like a hour or so now.

OP
R

recDNA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you check it out the google store no longer allows 24 hours to cancel. Too many people playing games for hours and then canceling them. I think it like a hour or so now.
Thanks for tbe warning!

You see I want to buy an ipad app to remotely control a computer BUT the computer has vista home ed. Many desktop control apps only work with vista pro. Maybe none work with vista home ed? The thing is I can't even try because once purchased I can't return the app by deleting it. Even if only for an hour it would be nice to KNOW an app works! At least I would have SOME time to test a droid app. With ipad I'm stuck paying for something that may not work!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts