What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrents on the iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, downloading TV shows is not illegal in most countries. Bittorrent.com, mininova.com, vuze.com are all legal distributors of content.

I have a hard time believing there are no torrent clients for iOS though. I've tried at least 5 on my Droid X, not counting remote torrent managers. I thought there was one for jailbroken iPads?

Mlajambe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure there is legal torrents!

BitTorrent does have many uses, I have just never seen it as a legal distribution method for movies, which is what OP was asking about. However, I spent some time researching and came a few sites offering movies under the Common creative license, or from the Public Domain via torrent.

So todays lesson for me is, that a discussion on how to download torrents is acceptable, as long as it is not explicitly mentioned that the content is downloaded illegally.

There are many places that you can download legal torrents. tvtorrents .com is just one of the places.

I don't know of any torrent downloaders for IPad but will wait until one shows up. Until then I will just download on to my computer and then transfer it to my IPad using CineXplayer. Way easier :-D

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The attitude of this forum has always been that we do not condone illegal practices, particularly those involving piracy. That said, there are "apparently" legal uses for torrent software, and seeking to use them does not counter the rules of the forum.

We also tend to give the benefit of the doubt, and assume that intentions are honorable.

I'm not much use as far as the question goes. I don't know of any torrent software for the iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OP didn’t return since 2011, so I assume he doesn’t need an answer any more.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts