What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is new to me, reinstalling deleted apps

notanerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, not use to using forums but here we go, I have the original Ipad and have recently had some issues I have been unable to solve, Granddaughter has recently accessed my Ipad and deleted both my Safari and apple app store applications, I have logged into itunes, and tried sync, and updating etc., I have also done a hard reset on the Ipad with no sucess, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those apps cannot be deleted...

Did you enable Restrictions? This can make Safari disappear from the screen.

You can also try to Reset Home Screen Layout

Both of these are controlled in Settings

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, not use to using forums but here we go, I have the original Ipad and have recently had some issues I have been unable to solve, Granddaughter has recently accessed my Ipad and deleted both my Safari and apple app store applications, I have logged into itunes, and tried sync, and updating etc., I have also done a hard reset on the Ipad with no sucess, any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Regarding your question, as thewitt mentions, those applications are permanent and cannot be deleted. They can however be added to a folder. Look inside your folders and I'd wager you'll find them there.

You can also search for them (swipe to the far-left screen and type in the app name.

Hope that helps!

Welcome again and enjoy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
N

notanerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all, problem solved, restrictions had been enabled but not be me, I think my 6 year old grand daughter is going to be one computer whiz as an adult.

Most reactions

Latest posts