What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Weather Channel

helbingcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I try to bring up the Weather Channel, it disconnects. What am I doing wrong, besides being technologically challenged.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every time I try to bring up the Weather Channel, it disconnects. What am I doing wrong, besides being technologically challenged.

Well, there are all kinds of weather channels in all kinds of countries. Are you referring to the iPad's standard clock app which can show basic weather/temp symbols? Or is it some Bureau of Meteorology app you are accessing for your city? Some more info could assist to assist;)
Andrew

OP
H

helbingcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, there are all kinds of weather channels in all kinds of countries. Are you referring to the iPad's standard clock app which can show basic weather/temp symbols? Or is it some Bureau of Meteorology app you are accessing for your city? Some more info could assist to assist;)
Andrew

Well, I guess this is the basic Weather.com app that my son put on my IPad when he gave it to me. I really don't know how to describe it better to you other than it has a THC/The Weather Channel icon and when you press it, a blue landscape with clouds screen comes up momentarily then disconnects. I've been able to "swipe" the screen to show previous locations' weather, but they quickly disconnect. I do not believe this app is anything fancy or unusual. It just doesn't work.
Thanks for any thoughts!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is the basic Weather.com app that my son put on my IPad when he gave it to me. I really don't know how to describe it better to you other than it has a THC/The Weather Channel icon and when you press it, a blue landscape with clouds screen comes up momentarily then disconnects. I've been able to "swipe" the screen to show previous locations' weather, but they quickly disconnect. I do not believe this app is anything fancy or unusual. It just doesn't work.
Thanks for any thoughts!

OK thanks helbingcc, it's an app. This one I think:
enazetaj.jpg

I am not familiar with that particular app, but it has been shown many times that if an app "misbehaves" the first off the cuff solution is to delete it out of cache memory and restart your iPad. Do this:
Double press the home button or four-finger swipe upwards to reveal the task bar on the bottom. Hold down on that app until all the apps "jiggle" and delete that weather map with the little minus sign. Delete them all while you are at it to tidy up cache memory (something useful to do regularly). Restart your iPad. Hope that helped:)
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts