What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The app doesn't work right...

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently bought the app Printer Pro, it connects the iPad via the IP address of my desktop which is fine. I had no issues setting the app up what so ever, it was actually pretty easy if you ask me. Although the issue I am experiencing is after the print out has completed, it is not the right size. The app takes a screen shot and prints it. So it prints out as the size of the iPad screen and doesn't fit the whole page. So pretty much what i'm saying is I need you guys to suggest some awesome printing apps that actually print out documents properly as you would print it from your PC or MAC, and are compatible with pages:D I'm starting to wounder if there are any apps like that though.:confused: (the right size, fits whole page ETC...) I could just remotely use my desktop from my iPad or email the document to myself and print that way but there should be an app.:cool:

Thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have the option of leaving your computer on (the one with the printer available) you can installa a program on the computer that will allow you to print straight from apps (the ones that have Print as an option).

For free, but only the printer shows up: AirPrint Activator (Mac or Windows)
More features, like printing a PDF to a folder: FingerPrint (Mac or Windows)
Even more features, like opening the pdf in an program: Printopia (Mac only)

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Why not check out your newly purchased printer preferences on your desktop, and change the paper size to that which you have put into the printer.
In Australia we often have to change the default from the US based letter size to our standard A4.
You yanks are always giving us a pain in the butt, perhaps you bought an Australian printer!
Or if the printer was an older one and you are printing from "print preview" adjust the viewing size % by trial to get the desired output.
If neither suggestion fixes the problem I'm sure the "Print and Share" forum and support will be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that Print n Share is far more popular than Printer Pro. Lots of people swear by it, and it will work with most Wi-Fi Printers.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Lexmark 8300 which is not WiFi. I will look into Print n Share, and i kind of figured that Printer Pro wasn't the best but they make it sound like it is lol. I downloaded the PC app for my desktop as well, thats how i can print things from my iPad using the printer connected to my desktop. the only problem i have is it's not the right size.

Last edited:
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Why not check out your newly purchased printer preferences on your desktop, and change the paper size to that which you have put into the printer.
In Australia we often have to change the default from the US based letter size to our standard A4.
You yanks are always giving us a pain in the butt, perhaps you bought an Australian printer!
Or if the printer was an older one and you are printing from "print preview" adjust the viewing size % by trial to get the desired output.
If neither suggestion fixes the problem I'm sure the "Print and Share" forum and support will be helpful.

Hope this helps.

I was actually thinking about that, changing the % by trial that might just work. I like the app Printer Pro it's not a bad app the only thing is i can't print out in my desired size. You can not set the paper size in it either, it doesn't have a section for that even in the settings so... it has like a default paper size setting which cannot be changed :( If i can't figure any thing out i'm going to get Print n Share.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd go with your other suggestions. Email to yourself, etc and use your Splashtop to manipulate your printer.
Since getting Splashtop I've stopped even searching for apps like print ones, Office ones, etc. because my desktop can do it for free and get it to my Ipad via Dropbox. I just look at fun ones now :)

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^lol ahh the good life ;) Splashtop completely changed my life too.

Ok so I just want to shed some light on my other thread, why did my iPad go into recovery mode yesterday out of no where I was watching videos on YouTube and when I finished a video and was proceeding to the next, it froze! Like just froze! The screen wouldN't respond neither would the buttons. So I gave and pushed the home and sleep/wake button for 15 sec and it restated, the Apple logo came up, although it didn't do anything after it just stayed at the logo screen. Then I turned it on and off a few times, after that it came to a screen where it had a USB cable and the iTunes logo, so I connect to iTunes on my PC. I find out there that it lapsed into "Recouvery Mode". Why did this happen out of no where though :confused:I did NOT update my iPad recently at the time I had firmware 4.2.1 on it (now after the resort I have 4.3.3). The last major things I did to it were Cydia tweaks and apps like locktopus and iFile... What went wrong? What happened? I don't get it! Some one help me!:(

Last edited:

Most reactions