What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test post

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
P1010238.jpg

This was the easiest way to get this photo onto my PowerBook G4 to use as the Desktop wallpaper.

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you used this forum to get it to the right place?
Nice picture! Your own?
Yes, I took the picture from the top of The Monument during my London trip in 2014. I think this is the best location for photographing Tower Bridge. If I ever visit London again I want to take a photo of the bridge when open from this location.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I took the picture from the top of The Monument during my London trip in 2014. I think this is the best location for photographing Tower Bridge. If I ever visit London again I want to take a photo of the bridge when open from this location.
You’ll have to wait a while for a photo with the open bridge, I guess. When my daughter and I visited London the first time, a cab driver told us that this happens rarely nowadays. We were lucky and saw it once during our two visits.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’ll have to wait a while for a photo with the open bridge, I guess. When my daughter and I visited London the first time, a cab driver told us that this happens rarely nowadays. We were lucky and saw it once during our two visits.
The bridge is only opened by advance reservation nowadays and you can get the scheduled openings by going here. Bridge Lift Times | Tower Bridge Exhibition

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a view of the open bridge I took on August 21, 2014. The bridge was backlit, which explains the low contrast.
IMG_5636.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts