What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temperature / energy usage meter for iOS?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there something like this as there are several for mac os?
Display of iPad / processor temperature, whats using the most energy?

Sometimes I've been surprised that software I assumed to use little juice turned out to take a lot. I want to know which apps do that.

thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can see what is using the most battery in Settings > Battery. Near the top you can choose between the last 24 hours and 10 days. Just above the app list, tapping Show Battery Usage toggles between viewing the battery percentage and the amount of time the app ran in on screen and in the background.

There is no tool that will show you instantaneous cpu, heat, and other readings as you would find on MacOS. At least none that don’t involve jailbreaking.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there something like this as there are several for mac os?
Display of iPad / processor temperature, whats using the most energy?

Sometimes I've been surprised that software I assumed to use little juice turned out to take a lot. I want to know which apps do that.

Hello Padcatt - I'd have to agree w/ TP, i.e. there is no iPadOS app that will provide the information regarding internal temperatures of the various components of the iPad, in contrast to macOS - e.g. I have iStatMenus on my three Macs - first pic below are the stats provided on my MBPro.

On my iPad Pro I have a number of 'Utilities' that list information about the 'innards' of the device but none that I have boxed below provide temperatures, and in fact many are just redundant - now there may be other iPadOS utility apps but likely will provide similar information. Dave
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 11.04.50 AM.png

IMG_1332.PNG

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lirum Device Info, for which there is a free lite version, shows realtime graphs of CPU, memory and Wifi, which may help you to determine what is using the processor, although nothing on temp.

Most reactions

Latest posts