What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapmedia's File Manager app malfunction

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using FileManager by Tapmedia on my iPad to create and edit text files. All was working well until Tapmedia changed their text editor from standard text to RTF(Rich Text Format). Now when I use my bluetooth keyboard with my iPad, the app does not allow me to save or cancel, whereas when I use the iPad's onscreen keyboard it does allow these functions. I have contacted Tapmedia for assistance but have not heard back from them regarding a fix for this issue. Has anyone else encountered this type of problem when using bluetooth keyboards with text files? Thanks!

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did come up with a somewhat cumbersome workaround. After typing or editing text in FileManager I found that if I then turn off the bluetooth keyboard, the "save" function button reappears on FileManager and I am able to save the document using the iPad's touch screen. I then have to turn the keyboard back on to continue with editing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I paired a bluetooth keyboard with my iPad, and I can't find an old one laying around to try; but if I remember correctly; you should be able raise and lower the onscreen keyboard by using the CD Eject key on your physical keyboard (if it has one).

Try tapping the key to raise the touch keyboard, then hiding the touch keyboard by tapping the keyboard key at the lower left. That might show your Save option.

That's all I can think of. I use different apps to create/edit text files.

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I paired a bluetooth keyboard with my iPad, and I can't find an old one laying around to try; but if I remember correctly; you should be able raise and lower the onscreen keyboard by using the CD Eject key on your physical keyboard (if it has one).

Try tapping the key to raise the touch keyboard, then hiding the touch keyboard by tapping the keyboard key at the lower left. That might show your Save option.

That's all I can think of. I use different apps to create/edit text files.
Nope, don't have the CD eject button on my Logitech keyboard so can't try that fix. Right now I am using the workaround mentioned in my previous post. Thanks for your response.

Most reactions

Latest posts