What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

taking photos with ipad

thickastwoplanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As my username implies, I am not all about on this ipad thing.
I bought my ipad (Model A1337) in Scotland last year, but travel extensively in Europe and to a lesser extent further afield, I have no idea if it is an ipad 1 or 2 or even if it has the capability to take photos, can someone enlighten me?:confused:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it has a camera front and back it is an iPad 2, if it doesn't have any cameras it is an iPad 1 (there are no apertures on the back of an iPad 1)

The Archangel

OP
T

thickastwoplanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it has a camera front and back it is an iPad 2, if it doesn't have any cameras it is an iPad 1 (there are no apertures on the back of an iPad 1)

The Archangel
Well it does seem to have a camera on the front right hand side (reason for the question in the first place) and there could be one behind the apple logo on the back, would the Model Nº not tell me if it was an ipad 1 or 2?

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thickastwoplanks said:
I bought my ipad (Model A1337) in Scotland last year, but travel extensively in Europe and to a lesser extent further afield, I have no idea if it is an ipad 1 or 2 or even if it has the capability to take photos, can someone enlighten me?:confused:

If bought before 2011 then its an iPad 1 (which means no camera). There also would be an app labled "Camera" already preinstalled. And it is something you nor anyone(say other then Apple) could delete.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

OP
T

thickastwoplanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thickastwoplanks said:

If bought before 2011 then its an iPad 1 (which means no camera). There also would be an app labled "Camera" already preinstalled. And it is something you nor anyone(say other then Apple) could delete.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF
Many thanks big guy, just happy to know exactly what I have.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just for more details on your iPad1 model - CHECK HERE - no camera as already stated.

I have an iPad2, the front camera is at the top in the middle, while the back camera is in the upper right corner near the power button. Both are 'low' resolution cameras (less that a Megapixel) - the front one is mainly used for video conferencing, e.g. FaceTime or Skype; the back camera can take OK video but is really not a good still camera (esp. in low light situations).

Hope this helps - :)

Most reactions