What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System Time with New OS

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the wifi only ipad. Mine gains a few seconds on the clock a day so I have to manually adjust the clock every week.
I had assumed that the new OS update would have some sort of a time sync with an internet time server to keep the ipad time more accurate.
I dont see any change so I guess Apple decided to ignore that problem although a lot of people are complaining about it.

Too bad they wont let an app do that. I would gladly pay for that app.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ummm, are you sure the clock you are judging it against aren't wrong? Mine matches my 2 computers, my phones, my microwave, my AC, my oven, my car, and every clock I encounter along the way...

I'm pretty sure the clock and calendar are synced when you plug it in...so if it gets off 2 mins everytime you plug it in I would check your computer to see if thats the reason.

OP
H

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont sync mine with the computer that often, I can go months without syncing

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to go to settings>general>time/date>then slide the slider "set automatically" to on.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to go to settings>general>time/date>then slide the slider "set automatically" to on.

It def gets it from somewhere, since I've never set it.

I think it gets it when you sync tho..because I remember I had an issue with my comps system time never staying set (battery issue or something) and my iPod Touch used to go out of time all the time as a result.

OP
H

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think only the 3g ipads update the time automatically

Most reactions

Latest posts