What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Pages app to dropbox

SoldOnApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can think of nothing better than to be able to create a Pages document on my MacBook, save it to my Dropbox folder, then on my iPad open it up, continue working on it, close it, and then be able to open again on my MacBook and see all the changes I made on my iPad.

Of course this isn't quite possible. You can open files in the Pages app from the Dropbox app, but you can't save them back there.

So then, today, I heard of a service called DropDav. It acts as a WebDav interface for your Dropbox account, and lets you open and save documents directly to and from Dropbox within the Pages app itself. The only problem is that it costs $5 per month, which is actually quite a lot.

I've also heard of CloudDav, which claims to do the same for a one time fee of $5, but I've heard it's slow and I'm guessing its unreliable? I'm not sure, I can't find anything about it. If you buy a cloud file management app from the app store for $6, you can get CloudDav included.

So is WebDav the only way to do this, or have other members here found another? And DropDav, is it worth it? Honestly I could see myself using it every day, but $5 a month seems like a lot of money just for this one function, no matter how useful.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can send files to DropBox via email using the sendtodropbox.com service. Combined with the DropBox app for downloading files you can move Pages files back and forth with DropBox.

Not as nice as the DropDav service, but still free.

Reaction score
I'm using CloudDav. It works well on the iPad (and now on the iPhone since Apple release it - wahoo !) with iWork. I'm not actually using it with DropBox but with SkyDrive and Google Docs. I'm able to open, edit and save Docs. I find it very reliable. It's not super fast but then its not superslow either - some where inbetween. I guess it is going over one protocol and then somehow mapping to services that don't actually support that protocol so you'd expect a little a speed hit, but its perfectly usable even with larger files.

Most reactions

Latest posts