What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing of iMessages between iPad and iPhone5s both running ios8

The Mitcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMessages sent or received to my iPhone don't appear on my iPad and visa versa. Aren't they supposed to in ios8. I believe they used to. Is there a setting for this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
SMS will work on both if both devices are logged into the same iCloud account in Messages' settings, if both devices are on iOS 8, and if you have it enabled in Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. SMS may be a bit delayed on the iPad, since they must first go to the iPhone, then be forwarded to the iPad through Apple's servers.

iMessages will work if your phone number (or whatever address you are using) both shows up and is checked in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. You'll want to make sure you have the same address (or phone number) checked as the Start New address in order to prevent confusion.

If you're iPhone's phone number is not showing up in Message settings on the iPad, sign out and back into iCloud at the top where it says Apple ID. On the iPad, that is.

Most reactions

Latest posts